Debian Wheezy SD Card prepare (Windows)
From odroid US
This tutorial is for Windows users.
Prerequisites & Tools
- SD-Card & SD-Card reader/writer
- 7-Zip to extract the SD-Card image from downloaded .xz file
- Win32 Disk Imager to write the .img file to your SD-Card.
- (optional) md5sums program can calculate checksums: MD5Sums Project
- (optional) SD card format utility SDFormatter
- Download a compressed SD image (e.g. debian-wheezy-base-X.Y.img.xz) from: http://odroid.us/odroid/odroidu2/debian/
- (optional) Check md5sum of the downloaded .xz archive
- Note the MD5 sum of the image on server in the .md5sum file: debian-wheezy-base-X.Y.img.xz.md5sum
- Calculate your md5sum for downloaded file
- Verify if the MD5 checksums match - if not, your downloaded file is corrupted, download again!
- Extract the .img file from .xz archive using 7-Zip
7z -z debian-wheezy-base-6.1.img.xz
- Plug your SD-Card to your SD reader/writer.
- Format the SD-Card using default Windows format utility or SDFormatter
Warning: Make double sure you know which device represents the SD-Card. Formatting an incorrect drive will erase all data!
- Use the Win32 Disk Imager GUI to select the SD-Card image file (.img) and write it.
- All done - Plug the SD-Card into Odroid and power up!