The browseable public download area is here: Download Area
This web site is not associated with or sponsored by Hardkernel, the makers of the Odroid development boards.
The Hardkernel web site is here: Hardkernel Website
This site is meant to share information about using odroids and act as a repository for customer-contributed files
My username on the [Hardkernel forum] is osterluk. It is the same as on this wiki.
My main interest is embedded systems -- Linux in particular. I've changed focus from buildroot/busybox to Debian.
I have a odroid-u2 development board.
Mirrors and File Servers
There are several places you can get files from:
- Hardkernel's server is in South Korea. This is the offical source for all odroid software http://dn.odroid.com
- Mdrjr's mirror is in America. http://www.mdrjr.net/odroid/mirror/
- Starker's mirror is in Germany http://odroid.starkers.org/mirror
- osterluk's server is in USA. http://odroid.us/odroid
- matt's mirror is in USA, NY state: http://odroid.mirrors.ofthe.us/Ubuntu/
You can get kernel updates (binary) from here: http://www.mdrjr.net/odroid/mirror/dn.odroid.com/
This is the link to the torrent list: Odroid Torrent List
We don't have a link to the odroid forum topic, since the old forum was lost.
Debian on Odroid
See Debian Wheezy Instructions for setting up Debian for your odroid.
Hardware and drivers
See hardwareAndDrivers for some information on getting all of the hardware to work.
ODROID official forum (New link)
Step-by-step Ubuntu SD Card Setup
Step-by-step Ubuntu SD Card Setup -- for Windows Users
Step-by-step NFS-mounted Root File System
Step-by-step Buildroot/Busybox Root File System
Step-by-step Native Compiling a Kernel
Step-by-step Cross-compiling a Kernel
Step-by-step Using qemu to Boot an Emulated Odroid
Updating from Root File System Images
Speed Builds Using Compiler Cache
Mounting Root File System on External USB Drive
Pass a U-boot Environment Variable Though Kernel Command Line
Use cpufrequtils to Adjust Processor Settings
Use perf to find hot spots in your code
Contribute to this Wiki? Get an Account!
You are welcome to edit the wiki, but I need to add an account for you. I'm just fed up with 'bots spamming the Wiki -- I even added Captcha to try to foil them. To get an account:
- Join the HardKernel community forum http://forum.odroid.com/
- Use the private message feature to send me (user: osterluk) your preferred username and a default password to use.
- I'll add it to the Wiki database and confirm that it is done.
This site is hosted on www.1and1.com. The account has unlimited traffic and unlimited space - everyone is welcome :)
Tips and Techniques
- Simple tips and techniques - Tips and Techniques
- Retrieve Specific Released Kernel Source - Use git and commit tag
- Create SD Card Images - Create SD Card Images
- Partition Layout Notes - Partition Layout Notes
- Wiki - Using Wiki Software